Thursday, September 26, 2013

DRUG-FREE SOUTH WORKING FOR A HEALTHY, HAPPY TENNESSEE

Drug-Free South is working to eradicate the demand for drugs in Tennessee and so establish health and happiness for all citizens.

When she began working with Drug-Free South, Ann Vallieres had no concept of how far she could take her message. “I wanted to help my own county because I had heard of the drug problems, but once I started I actually realized I had to help students everywhere.”

Vallieres now takes this message to students all across Tennessee and has been providing seminars along with her husband since 2009.

Drug-Free South is a chapter of the Foundation for a Drug-Free World, based in Los Angeles, California, which provides educational tools to help students learn the truth about drugs. The Foundation provides a booklet which covers common street names of drugs, short and long term effects as well as myths that a dealer might say to make the sale. It also provides an in-depth documentary of former users telling their story and an entire educational curriculum to help students understand what drugs really are.

“Students come up to me and thank me for giving them this information,” says Vallieres, “many have told me horrifying stories about what they have seen and they are so thankful that I am telling them the truth about drugs.”

Drug-Free South has visited 30 counties in Tennessee and has plans to visit the rest. Before the year is over, they will see students in Murfreesboro, Clarksville, Smyrna, Fairview, Wilson County and many more.

For more information or to schedule a seminar, visit www.drugfreesouth.org. 

No comments:

Post a Comment